Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Grave Undertaking

Tombstones seem to be the flavor of the season here in St. Charles.  Here are some that are coming home with me:

A Ravens Roost ( Goode Huswife) & Curse of the Raven ( Carriage House Samplings)



It is clear that these are companion pieces - quite fun.

Here are a few I picked up from Primitive Needle:



Pictured are the new Crescent Angel, the new Tombstone Spots ( wonderful), and the older Hornbook Angel.  

I could not resist starting the very fun Jenny Bean Sampler by Shakespeare Peddler -  this is stitched on PTP Heritage - it is perfect for this sampler.




Although this is not Halloween related I just love this new little scissor fob from Erica Michaels called Needle Nut .  This is stitched on 30 ct silk guaze with Weeks Dye Works Simply Wools.  This is cuter than cute!!




This little acorn is stitched on both sides.  

I got to stop by Shepherd's Bush, but literally there was nothing left.  We saw them getting mobbed first thing in the morning.  They do have a very cute new Christmas sampler called the Holly & the Ivy.  The also have a very cute new scissor fob with a Halloween theme ( for the life of me I cannot remember the name) I do know that it has a frightened sheep on it & is trimmed with black rick rack with yellow tiny beads.  I think one of the big sellers for Shepherd's Bush was a cute little wooden box with one of their Halloween designs on it.  

I still have not made it to the Blackbird Design room & Hearts Content, but plan on getting there tomorrow.  

1 comment:

  1. I am totally in love with those two Raven pieces. I may have to see if I can find those frames too - she said they were repainted Target frames. Love the other goodies you got as well - what fun!

    ReplyDelete