I was totally thrilled to get it - my first award - Thank you Margaret!! So, if I was so thrilled, what happened ?? Read my fingers.... PROCRASTINATION & those 10 blasted things we are supposed to list that not many people know...
I think by now most everyone knows the rules - past award into your blog, thank the person ( with link included ) who bestowed the honor on you, list those 10 things, and pass it on. Now this award has made the rounds, so first off I am going to break the rules. This goes to all of you who blog so faithfully and keep me entertained and motivated - Thank you. Also, a big hearty thank you to those who stop by and read my infrequent posts & and even more so to those that comment. I really appreciate the comments.
Now to those 10 things:
1) I was born & raised in Germany and moved to the States when I was 16 - to El Paso, TX no less... what a culture shock.
2) I speak 2 languages fluently German & English. I have studied French, Russian, Spanish & Japanese. My favorite language was Russian, my least favorite was Japanese.
3) I home schooled my 4 children for a decade, then burned out and now everyone is doing well in public school.
4) Here are some of the jobs I have had ( mostly while in college): dishwasher, fry cook, library aid, housekeeper, front desk clerk, airline food preparer/packer, breakfast cook @ Embassy Suites, cafeteria manager, consultant for the leisure industry, administrative assistant to a designer of girl fashions, new products and quality control manager in manufacturing (fiber optics).
5) I seem to be the Typhoid Mary of the business world, since every enterprise that I have worked for since graduating from college, with the exception of one, is no longer in business.
6) During a class trip to Berlin ( while Germany was still divided), some random dude smacked my behind & I proceeded to beat him with my purse.... it was a scene.
7) I don't like chocolate, especially things like brownies, chocolate cake, chocolate ice cream, Oreos and, gasp, chocolate chip cookies.
8) I hang my laundry out to dry, and have done so whenever I have had a place to string a laundry line. I love to hang it out, but I hate to take it down....
9) I have had to kill a tiny mouse after it got stuck on one of those glue board ( a most inhumane way to get rid of mice) and was screaming... I could not get it off the board without killing it, so I ended up dropping a brick on it while crying hysterically.
10) I can't drive a car over here since I have been too lazy to get my international drivers license and I am really intimidated about driving here. I have got to bite the bullet sometime though...
Until next time.