Friday, June 18, 2010

Back...For A Minute

I got back this morning after a pleasant flight.  What a lovely time I had in the States.  As I careened around getting all the little things done that were on my list between seeing friends, it dawned on me how incredibly blessed I am.  My life is overflowingly full.  I have wonderful friends that I got to spend time with, who took the time to get me at the airport, arranged to meet other friends that I might not have time to see, who ran errands with me, lent me a car, gave me a bed to lay my weary head, fed and watered me.... the list goes on.  Thank you to all of you who made this trip a wonderful memory.

The EGA seminar exceeded my expectation - we had a blast.  Catherine Theron is an exceptional teacher who has such wonderful designs.  The pictures I posted earlier really do the projects a disservice.  Here are a few that are much better.

The Peaceable Kingdom Sampler is chock full of specialty stitches, not necessarily hard but it makes the sampler a really fun stitch.  I cannot wait to stitch on it further.  Here are a few of my favorite parts.


This is what I think I should look in my Garden.... tending my lilacs.



This is the fabulous petit point section of the sampler.  

Here is the whole thing with some very thrilled people...


Left to right - Ava, Catherine Theron, me & Michelle.  Ava, Michelle & I have been friends for a couple of years.  The love of stitching brought us together, and it has been a wonderful thing.  We had so much laughter together at seminar - it was so much fun.... 

The Needlework Boutique  provided us with great shopping opportunities - yes, we were in there a multiple of times.  Ava sat up in bed after the first day, gave a sigh and was heard saying:"  Hmmm, I wonder what I can buy today...?"  Here she is posing with all her matching accessories she received at seminar.  Note the beautiful, stitched necklace she has on - a gift from Michelle.



Alright, I am going to wrap it up for today - its after midnight, and I should at least attempt to sleep.  I hope to have a bit of time tomorrow to finish up, and then its off to Italy for one week for sun, fun, beach, pizza, gelatto, and some sight seeing... yes, tough, I know ,but someone's gotta do it.  


5 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful! You lucky person you!!! I want to take a class from Catherine soooo badly!!! I'm glad you all had a great time together. You all deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG....how can you stand it? Now you have to go to Italy????

    That piece is beautiful...can't wait to monitor your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my GOSH!!!!!!!! What a fabulous sampler. I think the only change you need to do is to make a crazy asylum up on a hill behind the stitched person tending her lilacs. You know, personalize it a bit. ROFLOL Sorry, couldn't resist!! LOL I am so happy (and a little envious) for you that you get to do that sampler, and had such a fantastic time with friends. Good for you! Thanks for sharing the pic--it's always good to see the faces of friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ein absoluter Traum! Aber ich glaube, daß ich das NIEMALS fertig bekommen würde. Ich schaue Dir lieber zu, wie Dein Bild wächst *grins*.
    Ava kann ich sehr gut verstehen, lach. Welche Stickerin kann sich da zurück halten? Ich könnte keine benennen *zwinker*.
    Ich freue mich gigantisch für Dich und die anderen Damen, daß Ihr solch eine schöne Zeit und sooo viel Spaß miteinander hattet.
    Knutsch, Margit

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm out sick for a few days and here you are posting photos of me on the internet. I do declare! It really was soooo much fun. That Ava is a hoot. And Catherine...so many pretty things come out of her head!

    ReplyDelete